We’ll be open on for $2 First Friday this Friday, December 6: from 5pm-8pm, admission is just $2 per person (kids under 18 months free).
You’ll notice that this Friday there will be some extra excitement around town! A large portion of Congress Street will be closed for First Friday: Holiday Edition, a special First Friday night with a special Circus in the Streets performance. This means there will be limited street parking on Congress Street; see below for details.
To reach the Spring Street municipal parking garage from 295, we suggest the following route:
- Take exit 6-A (Forest Ave. South).
- Bear right at the lights onto Rt. 77 South and proceed through the park.
- Continue up the hill (Rt. 77/State Street).
- Cross Congress Street and proceed to Spring Street.
- Turn left at Spring Street.
- Turn left on High Street.
Bear right at the Congress Square intersection onto Free Street.Proceed past the Children’s Museum & Theatre of Maine; the entrance to the parking garage is on the right, past Oak Street.
Street closure/parking restriction information from our friends at Portland’s Downtown District:
- Congress Street (between Brown & State) will be closed to vehicular traffic from 6-8 pm on Friday, December 6.
- No vehicles will be allowed in during that time, except for emergency responders.
- High Street will remain open to traffic with a police presence stationed at the Congress Square intersection.
- Vehicles are NOT allowed to park on Congress Street (between Brown & State streets) from 4-8 pm.
- Any cars in the Congress Street zone (between Brown & State Streets) during that time will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Side streets will remain open.
- Please alert tenants, neighbors, visitors, business owners and shoppers in the district to the 6-8 pm street closure and 4-8 pm no-parking zone.
- Even those living or working in the zone will NOT be allowed in to park during that time (No exceptions!)
- For those attending or coming to downtown Portland during that time, we recommend taking the Metro Bus, using area parking garages or parking on side streets.
- The street closure will happen rain or shine.